Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Rubiyat

I have to say that there wasn't much in the Rubiyat that I understood, and at the time I didn't even think of searching Wikipedia for any translations, so I was thoroughly confused. But there were some poems I did like.


With them the seed of Wisdom did I sow,

And with mine own hand wrought to make it grow;

And this was all the Harvest that I reap'd--

I came like Water, and like Wind I go.

I thought that one was pretty interesting, the wording is very nice. I did try to write my own, although I don't know how good they are in comparison to Rumi's but at least I tried.

How cruel is fate to keep one from another
each wishing for nothing more than eachother
but time has taken its toll
till now they are separate for the better

To me she is the most beautiful story
the little girl who's name is Zoe
this next year she'll age some more
and then she'll be the most beautiful poetry

Her eyes are large and brown
hair so beautiful it is her crown
no woman's style could ever match hers
all she does is beauty, even her frown

So those were my attempts at writing poetry, I hope you liked them.

5 comments:

John Novak said...

"all she does is beauty, even her frown"

that's sweet, I like

Dbrim said...

Even though I'm sitting right next to you and I told you that I like yours, I'm going to post it on here too. I like your poem!

Sara said...

I agree with John. I love it! The line where you say "and then she will be the most beautiful poetry" I think, is very original.

Diane said...

I like your poems. On a side note could you add an e to the end of my name. Diane, please. Sorry it bugs me

Patricia Schultz said...

I loved how you insinuated that time compacts and reshapes story into poetry. I think you should write another stanza explaining how this happens.