Monday, September 24, 2007

My Paper

So at first my plan was to write about what honor, respect, discipline, and dominance in men stems from. The only problem I had was that I didn't know exactly know what I wanted to write about, so basically I began to list everything about men in Muslim culture. I noticed though that whenever I tried to give an example of how men felt that their manhood was most important to them, I found that the best examples involved women. So now I've decided to focus more on the relationship between men and women in the Middle East and how it affects each sex's role in society. If I'm correct I think this was what Dr. Webb was talking about today in class.

When writing my rough draft I found some pretty interesting sites on the Koran and other things in Muslim culture based around men and women. This site here has some translations of the Koran on the role of the man to the woman, it's pretty interesting.

No comments: