Monday, October 1, 2007

The Middle East

After reading those internet articles on the Middle East I can't help but feel sorry for this part of the world. It seems as though over the years the Middle East has sort of been swept up in so much conflict I can't imagine what it must have been like for the people who lived there. It was very interesting to learn its history either way and one thing I was wondering about was in the articles. The Middle East has no boarders! There is no defined edges for the "Middle Eastern" area, there is a general idea but nothing is for sure. I also didn't know how much influence the worlds super powers have had over the Middle East in the past, Like Britain, the U.S., and Russia. I read the article entitled "The Middle East" on wikipedia which basically said the same things that "History of the Middle East" Said only the article talked more about what countries now make up the Middle East. I'm glad I have more insight into this part of the world now, and I can't wait to learn more about it.

No comments: